We are seeking a fervent Christ-follower who is called to youth ministry and ready to give leadership to a
growing youth ministry that includes middle and high school aged youth. We want to see our youth experience
and know Jesus, develop a strong foundation in God’s word and become strong in Christ-like character
equipped to share his love with others in ways that are relevant to changing society; equipped to be agents of
change, transformation and reconciliation in the world.
• Passionate commitment to Jesus Christ, exemplary in character and calling, energetic and enthusiastic.
• Training and experience in youth ministry.
• Able to teach the Bible in a way that engages youth and helps them grow.
• Able to teach Anabaptist theology and values.
• Devoted to personal time with God and intercessory prayer
• Plan and implement youth ministry relevant to today’s youth.
• Recruit and train youth advisors and volunteers.
• Develop strong relationships with the youth.
• Help youth develop as leaders.
• Outreach to youth outside the church.
• Help organize fun activities and adventures for youth!
• Oversee administrative and organizational needs of the youth ministry.
• Assist in worship services as needed and as gifting applies (preaching, worship leading)
Teamwork, interpersonal relationships, meeting youth where they are, sensitive missional
engagement, humility, listening, caring, strong emphasis on discipleship and mission, personal relationship
with Jesus, fervent prayer, service, involvement and leadership instead of consumerism, the power of the Holy
Spirit, energetic, vision oriented, knowing the word of God.
Please send an email describing your call to ministry and why you feel that you would be right for
this role along with your resume and a short video (two minutes or less) in which you introduce yourself to:
firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Attn Youth Pastor Search” in the subject line.
Souderton Mennonite Church (SMC) is a growing and exciting fellowship experiencing the
transformational power of Jesus. We desire to sacrificially live out the love of God as we extend God’s
mission to our community and world, helping others know God through loving relationships, service,
and proclamation. Our average attendance is around 350.