Time Commitment: Full-time (45 hours a week)
General Description of Purpose:
The Pastoral Team Leader will work collaboratively with the Pastoral Team to oversee the implementation of the church mission as articulated by the congregation and discerned by the Church Board. This person is responsible to work with integrity to steward the vision of the congregation, oversee the worship ministry, participate in preaching and teaching ministries, and oversee the Administrative functions of the church including oversight of Staff, Human Resources Team and Finance Team.
1. Has experienced a personal call to serve God through pastoral leadership.
2. Nurtures self through the use of spiritual disciplines for personal faith development and growth. Has the ability and spiritual gifts to nurture and cultivate spiritual development in others.
3. Committed to the congregational mission, vision and policies, as well as the Anabaptist teaching, values and ethical standards for credentialed leaders as set forth by the Mosaic Mennonite Conference and the Mennonite Church USA (see page 3 for list of documents to be familiar with and the 6 Core Competencies for lifelong learning as a minister in Mennonite Church USA).
4. Has experience and training in being a pastor that oversees and empowers other leaders for ministry.
5. Has a seminary degree.
6. Possesses administrative abilities to effectively lead a pastoral team and to efficiently plan, execute and evaluate various ministries under their oversight.
7. Possesses the capacity to view the overall functioning of the church system.
8. Adheres to the ethical standard for credentialed leaders as set forth by the Mennonite Church USA.
Interested candidates who would like to apply or ask any questions should send their cover letter and resume to:
Ron Alderfer, Search Team Chair